Monday, March 17, 2008

01/04/2007

It's a miracle! For all of you who have been praying for Emery and his heart and lungs, I want you to know that the Lord has listened. Erik and I spoke with one of the doctors tonight and we learned that Emery's heart condition is considered no longer there. The PDA is closed after his last round of medication. Emery had an echocardiogram today and the nurses and doctors listened to his heart. They saw no PDA on the echo and heard no murmur. As of right now, there is no heart surgery planned. The doctors are planning on 'watchful waiting' to see how he progresses, and I'm hoping that they will up his feeding tomorrow so that he can get the appropriate nutrition. He still needs lots of prayers for his lungs. I want to thank all of you for your comments and prayers. They have meant so much. Last night, Erik and I had a chance to go back to the Furnace and tell the kids about what was going on. I miss them all so much. I have to remember that God has blessed me with many kids and not just one. The kids prayed for us. They've twice given us $$ that has paid for traveling expenses back and forth to Iowa City. I am amazed at how much God is everywhere right now in this tough situation. Though this is the hardest thing we have ever been through, just knowing that so many of you are praying is a source of tremendous comfort. Thank you all for being there and for being supportive. The nurse last night actually caught Emery on film with his eyes open, so I'm hoping to have those scanned and on the site soon. Again, thank you all so much. You are all gifts from God. I can tell you that neither of us feel quite worthy of all of the love and support you have given us, so I will never be able to thank you all enough. I have been praying for you all as well, though, and throughout all of this we are still praising and thanking God!

No comments: