Monday, March 17, 2008

01/27/2007

Well, Erik and I are here and Emery had a little bit of an improvement. His PCO2 came down to 61% this morning. The doctors want it between 50% and 70% for him. His lungs are stiff. His MAP is still set at 16 and he runs on average 45% O2. They docs upped his feeds to 12 mL every 3 hours. I am not suprised that our boy loves to eat but can't breathe.... May as well give him doughnuts and video games now. Aunt Sharon - thank you so much for your comment. One of the nurses came by to talk to us last night and basically said that babies change on a dime and they are resilliant. I guess today I have a little hope that he can pull through this. Thank you for your comments. Emery still needs prayer for his lungs. We've made some milestones. The PDA has been closed for 6 days. He's tolerating his feeds pretty well. In fact, they are cutting down on his venous nutrition tonight. The biggest problem obviously is his lungs. I think we will need a miracle there. On the up side, I haven't cried today. I love to look at him. He's a beautiful boy. He will be 6 weeks old on Monday. We love you all! Sarah, Erik and Emery

No comments: