Monday, March 17, 2008

01/18/2007

Man, I just read all of your comments and now I feel a little guilty... We got the '1 a.m. phone call' this morning. Neither of us have slept much. I guess the PDA is open again. His blood pressure dropped and he stopped peeing again and those are both indicators that it's open. He doesn't show any signs of kidney failure. His capillary refill is great. He's back on the dopamine and had a very small urine output this morning at 4 a.m. I actually do not know why the nurse called us at this time. Last week he was much much sicker. I guess it's the nurses call, but once the phone rings you don't get much sleep after that. Anyway, I guess at this time pray for a miracle whatever that is. If the duct is open there is no surgeon to fix it. He would have to be sent to another facility and transfers on tiny babies are very hard. As long as this duct is open they can't feed him and he doesn't grow, so pray for a miracle as far as the duct is concerned. Anyway, he had a good night. He is still down to a map of 15 with very few desaturations. He didn't desaturate once when Erik and I were there last night. He looked great to us, but he is getting puffy again because of the fluid (per the nurse). I am having the doctors call me today after rounds. I will post more as I know it. Thank you so much for all of your support. I love coming on here in the morning and seeing all of the comments. I want to print this off and let Emery know how much he was loved from the very beginning. Of course, pray that he comes home to us. The suckiest part about all of this right now is that the NICU has had a 'changing of the guard.' All of the doctors round for 2 weeks or so and then another attending physician comes on. Once you get used to a physician, he or she is gone before you know it. I met the new doctor last night. He made a point to stop by our room and come and talk to us. He's very nice. It's all just different. I want to emphasize that Emery is not as sick as he was last week. We just need a miracle (again lol!) Everyone read Scott's comment. I like the idea. Love you all, Sarah, Erik and Emery

No comments: