Wednesday, March 12, 2008

03/27/2007

Update: We are now 7 hours off the vent on CPAP. He's on high pressures on CPAP, but that's okay. His next blood gas was a CO2 of 73, much improved from 81. His chest x-ray was collapsed down a little so they went up on his pressures to try to keep them open. He is at 40% oxygen saturating 95%. Next blood gas and chest x-ray at midnight. I probably won't call or update then, but I will let everyone know in the morning. The doctor said that if his blood gas is a little bad but he looks pink and isn't struggling to breathe then they are going to do whatever they can to keep him off the vent. If he needs some more Combivent and albuterol, then so be it. He looks good and is resting comfortably. He got mad a few times. Lord, help Emery please. I will accept whatever happens.

Oh, I almost forgot. HAPPY (notyour) BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY (notyour) BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTH (bornsodangearlyIdon'tknowwhyI'mevenbotheringtomentionthis)DAY EMERY!
HAPPY (notyour) BIRTHDAY TO YOU

Today is Emery's due date; 99 days ago unto us a child was born (I mean the NICU stole him from me.) Also, if you have happy healthy babies please don't apologize to me for it lol! I have a lot of people who feel bad around me for having healthy babies. I'm not jealous or angry about it, really. This is just how Erik and I are parents right now. We have our precious moments, too. Just give your healthy babies extra smooches and hugs if they are home with you. That would be the best non-birthday present you could give Em.

No comments: