Wednesday, March 12, 2008

02/27/2007

No news to report really except that Emery now weighs 4 pounds 4 ounces, which means he was put on nearly 3 pounds on 10 weeks and that his Ursodiol has been discontinued. That was the medication that he needed to take because of his 'liver issues.' His bilirubin was a little high from being on NVN and now that seems to have resolved. Emery was 10 weeks old yesterday. He is on higher vent settings today, and higher than the settings when he came off the oscillator. It seems like he is actually worse from the steroid rebound than when he started. It worries me that he's getting worse, not better. Some days I think all will be okay and others I don't. It's day 71 in the NICU. For babies like Emery with chronic lung problems the average stay is 120 days. Emery is no where near leaving at 120 days. In fact, I'm finding it hard to believe he will ever come home. It's just hard some days. And no, no one needs to call me and see how I'm doing. It's just hard when I hear that he steps back and I'm so tired of seeing other babies leave while he just stays the same. I'm very grateful he's still here, though. At least while he is still here there is hope that he will come home to us some day. And, with this weather around here lately it makes me think that, in the midwest, you really can't appreciate the spring unless you suffered the winter. Finally, new pictures are up of my soon-to-be porker and the V-day present we got. (thank you very much SP!)

No comments: